For almost 30 years Health Systems Management Network has provided consulting services for Hospital and clinical practices for each and every iteration of Reimbursement and Coding. Now we have a successful methodology for transitioning from ICD-9 to ICD-10. This section reinforces our credentials for the work we have done and are doing for hospitals and clinical practices across the country. You may view some of our resources below and find more information about the consulting services that we offer on this page.
Should you need additional information or have questions, please Call 866-908-4226 or contact us through our website here
ICD-10 Articles and Resources
- Healthcare Legislation Proposed Requires “Cook Book” Medicine
- Should Hospitals Take Coders Offline for Training in ICD-10-CM/PCS?
- What CEOs and CFOs Need to Know About the ICD-10 Transition
- How Outsourcing Coding Contributes to Improvements in Coding and Clinical Documentation
- Warnings from CMS About Using Smart Phrases in ICD-10-CM/PCS
- Tuning up the Revenue Cycle and Medical staff for the ICD-10 Transition Through Outsourced Coding/Auditing
- Integrating Care in the New Clinical Documentation Paradigm
- Clinical Documentation Audit for ICD-10-CM Preparedness
- ICD-10-CM Preparedness and Data Analytics Consulting
- Start 10 Program for ICD-10 CM/PCS Transition
- ICD-10-CM Medical Billing and Coding Readiness
- ICD-10 Web-Based Training
- Comprehensive Hospital Systems Reviews for ICD-10-CM/PCS Transition
- Revenue Cycle Management Under ICD-10-CM Scenario
- Resolving Conflict Between Integrated Care and Clinical Documentation
ICD-10-CM/PCS Consulting Services
The ICD-10-CM/PCS transition is an opportunity to perform major tasks that will have the effect of improving the entire Revenue Cycle.
Our ICD-10-CM/PCS consulting process includes assessing the gaps in current clinical documentation and coding, integrating online training by peers that is based upon hospital specific cases types, developing a management plan to improve all workflows related to the ICD-10 transition, and working with the medical staff and RCM staff on the transition to ICD-10.
- An Assessment of how well things are documented in the current Coding Scenario.
- How skilled and knowledgeable are the RCM Staff in understanding clinical content and the importance of applying critical thinking skills.
- Doing a gap analysis with the Medical Staff to determine how well they are doing now and how they are likely to do with ICD-10-CM clinical documentation
- Reconstruct current cases into the new coding scenario through a partnership with the Clinical Documentation Specialists, Coders and Medical Staff.
- Have reconstructed cases for every discipline so that peers can learn on their own time through online sessions that are prepared with fellow members of the Medical Staff.
- Test the reconstructed cases through every step of the Revenue Cycle especially Claims Management.
- Track any potential denials and find the root cause for them.
- Provide a Management Plan as appropriate to fix problems of organization, training, workflows and Systems.
HSMN can help you identify gaps in current coding and clinical documentation working with your Medical Staff and RCM Team to help them transition to ICD-10-CM/PCS.
Medical Coding & Billing + ICD-10 Training and Consulting
HSMN has been transitioning and training both medical staff and RCM Teams for almost thirty years on both the inpatient and outpatient sides of reimbursement. Our Staff are seasoned Clinical Documentation Specialists, ICD-10-CM certified. Trainers and Physician advisors. Our client list includes Academic Medical Centers, Ambulatory Surgery Centers, Faculty Practices and Hospitals of all sizes and complexity.The new date for transition provides an opportunity to begin a phased Management Plan to allow the Medical Staff and the RCM Team to internalize the change beginning with a truly Comprehensive Clinical Documentation Improvement Program for both the Hospital and Individual Clinicians. Clinical staff especially those who have had challenges with the specificity of ICD-9-CM will be astonished at the severity of this new iteration of coding and clinical documentation.
HSMN has learned over the many years of its work with Medical Staff and the RCM Team that reading a book, implementing new software, taking a course or watching a video are helpful but not a substitute for actually looking in depth at current cases and parsing them to find the current gaps and then having the Medical Staff and RCM Team Reconstruct actual cases in ICD-10-CM/and PCS. Finding champions among the Medical/Practice Staff who can partner with the Coding/Clinical Documentation Team will find that teaching and learning is a two way process for success in this new world.
Call 866-908-4226 or Contact Us to set up an initial dialogue about how HSMN can help your facility or practice.